Fujifilm has released version 4.0 of its Fujifilm Camera Remote iOS app and announced the Android version will be available next month. Part of the new version is an overhauled interface as well as a number of new features that makes it easier to control settings and capture images remotely with wireless-equipped Fujifilm cameras.
Fujifilm has changed the interface of the app to better use the additional available screen space of the current generation of iOS devices and has new icons and buttons throughout the app to offer a more streamlined look. The pairing process is now easier with the updated app and Fujifilm has added an ‘Album’ function that makes it a simple matter to browse through photos and videos that have been copied over from the camera. The stability of the app and wireless connection has been improved, plus additional camera support has been included.
Fujifilm lists the following features in the app’s description:
1. Transferring images and movies to a Smartphone
2. Browsing the Camera from a Smartphone
3. Downloading Location Data from a Smartphone
4. Shooting Images by Remote Control(*)
5. Easily transfer pictures from the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
6. Synchronizing “date and time” and/or “location information” with the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability
7. Firmware update via a Smartphone to the cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
8. Bluetooth wireless remote control camera shutter release is now supported for cameras that offers Bluetooth capability.
*How to change the setting depends on your camera.
Fujifilm’s X-T30, GFX 50R, X-T3, XF10, X-H1 and X-E3 cameras support all of the above features while the FinePix XP140 supports all except number seven. The X-T100, X-A5 and FinePix XP130 support features one through six and the GFX 50S, X-T20, X100F, X-A10, X-A3, X-T2, X-Pro2, X-E2S, X70, X-T10, X-T1, X30, X100T, X-E2, FinePix XP120, FinePix XP90, FinePix XP80, FinePix S9900W and FinePix S9950W support features one through four. The X-E2, XQ2, XQ1, X-A2, X-A1, X-M1 and FinePix Z1100EXR support features one through three while the FinePix Z1000EXR only supports the transfer of images and movies.
Fujifilm Camera Remote version 4.0 works with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices running iOS 10 or later. Geotagging functionality only works with iOS devices equipped with LTE connectivity.