Epson is expanding its EcoTank Pro line of cartridge-free printing solutions to include models designed for high-productivity home offices. The EcoTank Pro ET-5150 and EcoTank Pro ET-5170 provide home offices and small businesses with a more affordable EcoTank Pro option for high-speed, high-volume cartridge-free printing. The ideal replacement for messy, expensive and heat-producing laser printers.
Key Features and Benefits
· Heat-Free Technology uses far less power than laser printers.
· Cartridge Free Printing – Print 1000’s of pages straight out of the box1!
· Extremely Low Cost Per Page – Less than two cents per page with replacement ink bottles2.
· Low-cost replacement ink bottles and easily refillable ink tank with replacement ink bottle.
· Fast First Page out Time – in only 7 seconds3.
· Easy Wireless – easily print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones4 includes Wi-Fi Direct5.
· Do More – 35-Sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF); auto 2-sided print.
· Easy Touch-and-Swipe Setup and Navigation – large 2.4″ colour touchscreen.
· Bonus One Year Warranty – upon registration within 12 months6.
The EcoTank Pro Series allows users to save up to 90 percent with low-cost replacement ink bottles vs. standard capacity black and XL capacity colour laser toner cartridges, equivalent to about 2 cents per colour ISO page versus 27 cents with standard-capacity colour laser toner cartridges.
The EcoTank Pro ET-5150, powered by PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology, offers revolutionary cartridge-free printing with easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks. It includes thousands of pages of ink in the box1. That’s an incredible amount of ink – enough to print up to 5,200 colour pages1. Plus, it features auto-stop ink bottles with each colour uniquely keyed for easy filling of each tank. The ET-5170 also offers a high-capacity 250-sheet paper tray, fax, 2.4″ colour touchscreen, 35-sheet ADF, fast auto 2-sided printing, no warmup time, first page first printing and convenient wired and wireless networking.
Epson Australia MD Craig Heckenberg said, “The way we live and work has truly changed, and not just in the short-term. As people adapt to this new reality, it’s important to have technology tools that not only ease the transition, but enable productivity, efficiency and help generate revenue. EcoTank Pro printers ensure small office, home office and business professionals can take full advantage of the benefits cartridge-free printers provide. They are also much better for the environment than laser printers.”
The new EcoTank Pro ET-5150 and EcoTank Pro ET-5170 augment the existing line of EcoTank Pro models, providing a compact, entry-level, affordable solution to users that require high-volume printing.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The EcoTank Pro ET-5150 (RRP AUD$639.00) and EcoTank Pro ET-5170 (RRP AUD$649.00) are now available now at www.epson.com.au and all good Epson retailers and resellers.
1) Yields based on the ISO/IEC 24712 pattern with Epson’s methodology. Actual ink yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink colour. All ink colours are used for printing and printer maintenance, and all colours must be available for printing.
2) Calculation derived by comparing the Cost Per Page (CPP) colour combination of Epson T542 replacement ink bottle at $0.016 with a colour combination of Brother TN-253/TN-257 replacement toner cartridges at $0.276 as of March 2021. CPP = cost per consumable ÷ number of printable pages..
3) First-Print-Out-Time (FPOT) measurement method: ISO/IEC17629 Office Category Test; paper size A4. A set of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PDF files (each set containing 4 pages) is continuously printed. Measurement is based on the average time for the first of the four single sided prints to exit the printer. Measurement starts when the print button is pressed and ends when the first page of the set exits.
4) Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet and/or email-enabled device. See www.epson.com.au/connect for a list of Epson Connect enabled printers and compatible devices and apps.
5) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Wi-Fi Direct may require printer software account. For a list of supported cloud supported services, visit www.epson.com.au/connect.
6) 12 months of standard Return to Base warranty. For an additional 12 months warranty (total of 24 months), you must register online at www.epson.com.au/registrations within 12 months of purchase (excluding Factory Seconds, or Refurbished EcoTank models).